Tips to Deal with Frequent Urination
There are several people who have to deal with the problem of frequent urination. It leads us to question the amount of fluid we are losing on a daily basis. The bladder can store up to 600 ml of urine. We generally feel the urge to urinate when the bladder contains 150 ml of urine. The average person urinates four to eight times per day. If you are urinating more than eight times a day, you have a leaky bladder. There are several causes which culminate to this problem. Wondering how to stop frequent urination? Here are a few tips which will help you to deal with this problem.
- Kegel exercises involve strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. These muscles may be weakened by an overactive bladder. Performing these exercises facilitates improved bladder movement. All you have to do is identify your pelvic floor muscles by stopping your urine midstream while urinating. Tighten your pelvic floor muscles for 3 seconds and then let them go for 3 seconds. Repeat this process 3 times in sets of 10. The best thing is that you do not need to designate a particular time to perform these exercises. You can do Kegel exercises while sitting down, standing up or while on the move. Kegel exercise is the answer to urinary incontinence treatment.
- There are several medications to relieve you of the urge of frequent urination. They help to relax the bladder and treat the symptoms associated with a leaky bladder. Although they are not the best option, they are definitely worth trying out. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any medication.
- If you are looking for a natural option, Corn Silk is fantastic. It is obtained from the waste material from corn cultivation. This has been used a traditional medicine in France and China to cure bedwetting and bladder irritation. It strengthens the mucous membranes in the urinary tract and aids in preventing incontinence.
- At times, constipation can lead to the exertion of extra pressure on the bladder. You can stop yourself from getting constipated by exercising on a regular basis and having food with high fiber content. These include vegetables, bread, fruits, and beans. Prepare a mixture containing a cup of applesauce, a cup of unprocessed wheat bran, and three-fourths of a cup of prune juice and take 2 tablespoons of the mixture every morning.
- You can also restrict your diet and NOT consume food items which result in frequent urination or have a high liquid content. Stay hydrated but do not drink too much water. Avoid alcohol, chocolates, citrus foods, coffee, spicy food, tea, and artificial sweeteners.
- If you are looking for an immediate solution to stop frequent urination, there are several stop-gap solutions available which ease your bladder temporarily. While these methods provide relief, they do not last for long and the process needs to be repeated frequently to ensure that the condition does not return again.
- One temporary solution is the injection of Botox into the bladder. This protein is highly effective and causes the partial paralysis of the bladder muscles. This helps to treat the urge to urinate on a consistent basis. However, as mentioned before, its effects are temporary and last for up to nine months.
- Even after trying the above options if you are still wondering how to stop frequent urination, your doctor may order a surgery if no solution is effective. While Kegel exercises are known to work wonders, the condition may be too severe to treat naturally. Medication too is not the best solution at times. Surgery enhances the storage capacity of the bladder. It also reduces bladder pressure and helps the urinary cycle return to its normal shape.
These tips are sure to go a long way in ensuring that you are back on track. Of the many solutions listed, choose the one which suits you best. The best treatment for urinary incontinence for you might not be perfect for another. Whatever the case may be, the aim is to reduce the urge to frequently urinate. The aforementioned list is the perfect answer to how to stop frequent urination. Follow the tips and live a hassle-free life.
Best foods for relieving constipation
Almost a third of the population over the age of 60 in the country have experienced symptoms of cons...Read More
Effective Treatments for Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition that causes frequent bowel movements with a loose, watery stool. It can have...Read More
Top 10 snacks for those with diabetes
Top 10 snacks for those with diabetesIt is very important to keep blood sugar under control to preve...Read More
Different Ways to Treat Meningitis
Meningitis is a disease characterized by the inflammation of the meninges surrounding your spinal co...Read More
Diagnosis and treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia
Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), also sometimes called chronic myelogenous leukemia, is a type of leu...Read More
Top 5 Probiotic Supplements for Women over 50
Not all bacteria are bad for you, no matter how strange that sounds! Probiotics are essential and be...Read More
10 Natural Ways to Treat an Enlarged Prostate
The prostate is a walnut-shaped gland, which is a part of the male reproductive system, which wraps ...Read More
An overview of the symptoms and causes of dyskinesia
An overview of the symptoms and causes of dyskinesiaDyskinesia is a movement disorder that is charac...Read More